A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
Our 428 diverse and open access journals, including 419 peer-reviewed journals and 9 conference journals, are supported by more than 115,000 academic experts who share our mission, values, and commitment to providing high-quality service for our authors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
MDPI publishes over 98 journals that are ranked as high impact within their fields. To view the current impact factors for MDPI journals (according to the Journal Citation Reports), please visit our yearly announcement page here.
With additional offices in Beijing, Wuhan, Tianjin and Nanjing (China), Barcelona (Spain), Belgrade and Novi Sad (Serbia), Manchester (UK), Tokyo (Japan), Cluj and Bucharest (Romania), Toronto (Canada), Kraków (Poland), Singapore (Singapore) and Bangkok (Thailand), MDPI has published the research of more than 330,000 individual authors and our journals receive more than 25 million monthly webpage views.
More Information about MDPIView all annual reports of MDPI
Indexing of MDPI Journals
At MDPI, we aim to continuously expand coverage of our publications within the following main academic databases:
In addition to the main databases, we also focus on ensuring coverage of our journals within as many scope-specific databases as possible, in order to increase visibility for our authors, and further disseminate their impactful data. Moreover, we also work with various universities and government organizations, to ensure that our journals are listed within country-specific journal ranking lists that are often required by funders or institutions for authors to publish with a journal.
All Content is Open Access and Free for Readers
Journals published by MDPI are fully open access: research articles, reviews or any other content on this platform is available to everyone free of charge. To be able to provide open access journals, we finance publication through article processing charges (APC); these are usually covered by the authors' institutes or research funding bodies. Read more about our open access policy.
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
MDPI is a member of
MDPI is Committed to the UN Global Compact
MDPI is a member of the United Nations Global Compact to support corporate sustainability and have committed ourselves to the ten principles associated with the Compact.
Sustainability has always been at the core of MDPI’s values, starting with the collection and preservation of rare chemical samples that started in 1996 and led to the first journal, Molecules. Sustainability has become one of our flagship journals and we have supported and organized several conferences and events based on Sustainability, including the 6th World Sustainability Forum. As a global enterprise, we see it as our duty to promote responsible practices that will ensure a bright future for our planet.
Mission and Values
As a pioneer of academic open access publishing, MDPI has been serving the scientific community since 1996. Our aim is to foster scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. MDPI's guidelines for disseminating open science are based on the following values and guiding principles:
- Open Access — All of our content is published in open access and distributed under a Creative Commons License, providing free access to science and the latest research, allowing articles to be freely shared and content to be re-used with proper attribution.
- Timeliness and Efficiency — Publishing the latest research through thorough editorial work, ensuring a first decision is provided to authors in under 32 days and papers are published within 7-10 days upon acceptance.
- Simplicity — Offering user-friendly tools and services in one place to enhance the efficiency of our editorial process.
- High Quality Service — Supporting scholars and their work by providing a range of options such as journal publication at mdpi.com, early publication at preprints.org, and conferences on sciforum.net to make a positive impact on research.
- Flexibility — Adapting and developing new tools and services to meet the changing needs of the research community, driven by feedback from authors, editors, and readers.
- Rooted in Sustainability — Ensuring long-term preservation of published papers and supporting the future of science through partnerships, sponsorships, and awards.
Brief History of MDPI
Read more about the History of MDPI.
Response to MDPI Wikipedia Article
Read more about the MDPI response to Wikipedia Article.